Leaving Different

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galatians 6:10

2 posters

Meeting on March 4th

Chelsea
    Chelsea
    Admin

Meeting on March 4th Empty Meeting on March 4th

Post  Chelsea Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:04 pm

There is an LD meeting this Friday, March 4th. It's being held at Nicole and Brett's house (address is on the Meetings page). It starts at 7. Speakers for this meeting are Laura and Nicole. There is no The Me discussion this meeting, but there will be one on the 25th.

On the topic of The Me, for those of you who are having difficulty finding the book, I'd suggest trying the Family Christian Store.

As for prayer requests, hold onto the ones you have (for those of you who left before this announcement, we're doing things slightly differently than was initially announced). Come with "new" requests for yourself. (Note: They can be the same request, but you'll just submit it again) and we'll write them out on index cards like last time.
    Chelsea
    Chelsea
    Admin

Meeting on March 4th Empty Re: Meeting on March 4th

Post  Chelsea Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 pm

Also, I'd ask that everyone comes with their hearts prepared for God.

[If you don't like preachy Chelsea skip all this]In Leviticus, Moses lays down a bunch of laws and one of the things that the priests had to do before coming before God was consecrate themselves. Now, the laws of Leviticus don't apply anymore - in fact, Paul warns quite forcefully against trying to bind yourselves to them - but they do reveal a lot about who God is and what God thinks is a good idea. This is something that stuck out to me. God welcomes those with burdens and those who come to Him dirtied by sin. At the same time, how often do I go before him without "consecrating my heart"? What I mean by this is, I go to church carrying everything I did that day and everything I'm going to do tomorrow. Instead of thinking about the worship songs, I'm thinking "Work was really busy today" or "Ugggh, I have a midterm tomorrow." I'm supposed to be giving God my all, but I can't get my thoughts off myself. So I find there is something to be said about "consecrating your heart" before coming before God. Whatever it takes to put those thoughts of the day out of your mind and to focus wholeheartedly on Him. [/If you don't like preachy Chelsea skip all this]

Some things that I do: listen to worship music (really loud), pray, start dialoguing with God about something I read recently in the Word. Whatever it takes, so that I come before Him ready to think about Him and to give Him my all.
    Laurella
    Laurella

Post  Laurella Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:45 am

That's a great point. I will try to do that.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:11 am