Leaving Different

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galatians 6:10

2 posters

Week 3: Matthew 6-8

Chelsea
    Chelsea
    Admin

Week 3: Matthew 6-8 Empty Week 3: Matthew 6-8

Post  Chelsea Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:34 am

Week 3 - June 20-25 - Matthew 6-8
    Obijuan
    Obijuan

Week 3: Matthew 6-8 Empty Re: Week 3: Matthew 6-8

Post  Obijuan Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:32 pm

Hmmm, Well to start off with chapter 6, there is a lot going on. For now I just was to focus on Jesus' teachings on prayer because I feel like it follows my prayer life but then again it kinda differs. I fully agree that when you pray you should be in a secluded place free from the distractions of the world but what about praying with a group or over a group? I feel like it leaves it to that we shouldn't pray in public, but I am certain that it is also mentioned that Jesus has prayed out in public. I personally think it comes down to motives behind the prayer. When you are praying just to be heard by the people and to get praise by the people for your prayers are you really talking to God? I think there is always a proper time to pray in public but I feel like you have to have the proper motivation behind that prayer, God. Also it mentions not to babel on and on repeating your self over and over. I find myself often having similar things to talk about in my prayers but I think what it is trying to say is that repeating the same thing over and over again with heart behind it means nothing. For instance if you are looking for an answer to a life changing decision I think it would be acceptable to be in persistent prayer because I feel like in that instance your heart would be behind that prayer. Then of course there is the Lord's prayer which many people know and can recite from memory but I wonder how many people actually listen and believe what they are saying when they pray the Lord's prayer.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:04 am