Galatians 6:10

Reading the Bible

Obijuan

Reading the Bible

Post  Obijuan on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:13 pm

Just wanted to share some of the recent things that I have been doing to help to continue reading the Bible and actually absorbing what I am reading. I printed out a list of the 66 books of the Bible and assigned each one a number from 1 to 66 in order. I then use a random number generator from 1 to 66 and which ever number comes up I go and read that book. This helps me personally to keep things different and interesting, I feel like it is okay to have a little fun with reading the Bible. With this I have also started recording in a composition notebook what I have been reading and anything that really sticks out to me. I know we have all heard this but if you have not tried it yet you should, it really works. I find myself remembering a lot more than I used to when I was reading the Bible. The final thing that I have been doing is playing worship music or christian music while I read the Bible. I don't play it too loud otherwise my brain just wants to sing along with the songs but to have it in the back ground seems to help me concentrate. Just thought I would share this in case you having trouble getting into reading your Bible or remembering what you read.
    Obijuan

Re: Reading the Bible

Post  Obijuan on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:14 pm

Oh and in the words of Jason, read your Bible its awesome
    Laurella

Post  Laurella on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:58 am

That's really cool, shuffling the books of the Bible like that.

I like to pick a chapter and then deeply analyze it. Usually what I end up doing is reading the chapter from my devotional and then reading a section that helps me in my day-to-day interactions with people (like Phillippians 4) so I can work on modeling Christ as I'm learning more about him. In the past I've read something from Psalms too but that started to get mechanical so now I trade off reading something from Psalms, attempting to play a worship song on guitar, and listening/singing to worship music.
    Obijuan

Post  Obijuan on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:06 am

I have changed my reading since when I posted this, I generally will read each book twice, once in NIV and then again in The Message. I really like the Message and between reading both right after each other I feel like I get a lot more when I read my Bible. Although I generally break it up into like 5-8 chapters at a time.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:18 am